Do you need an HSE safety passport to work in the Nigerian and global (offshore) oil and gas industry. What you need is the globally recognized Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO) International Minimum Industry Safety Training (IMIST).
What is IMIST?
IMIST (International Minimum Industry Safety Training) is an OPITO standard which supports the global Oil and Gas Industry to meet safety initiative targets.
IMIST online is an interactive e-Learning training programme that works by assessing the safety knowledge of an oil and gas worker during a random sequence of assessment questions. At the end of this assessment, which is completed under time-bound conditions, the programme will automatically and dynamically assemble a unique course for each individual based on their knowledge gaps identified in the pre-assessment. The candidate is then presented with this content and the relevant summative assessment questions. This process is repeated until the candidate has managed to answer all the assessment questions correctly. A 100% pass mark is required to complete the IMIST programme.
IMIST has been designed to enable existing workers to demonstrate their knowledge and awareness of the necessary safety standards to reduce risks and incidents. The course contains the following nine modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Module 2: Working Safely
- Module 3: Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Module 4: Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Module 5: Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Module 6: Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Module 7: Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Module 8: Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height
- Module 9: Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities