Our client, a major emerging player in the downstream oil and gas sector seeks to engage an experienced Occupational Safety and Health Manager.
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager|
|Job Objective/Purpose of Job:||· Development and maintenance of the OHS plan for the group.
· Administration/implementation of all HSE policies and processes devised for the Company in compliance with statutory obligations.
|Location:||Lagos, Ogun State and other locations where projects exist|
|Functionally Reports To:||COO Downstream|
|Administratively Reports To:||COO Downstream|
|Internal||Operations Unit, Tank Farm, ships’ crew and Facilities|
|External||Clients, Contractors, Compliance Regulators, etc|
|Job Duties/ Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
· Ensure compliance with company OHS policies and programs at designated company operation locations.
· Enforce health and safety regulations in operations.
· Report and investigate all accidents/incidents using approved reporting formats.
· Report and correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
· Ensure full OHS compliance of contractors/crew in all company operations.
· Organize and facilitate Health and Safety trainings, Vessel Inductions, Toolbox Talks, General HSE Meetings and any other ad hoc HSE meetings.
· Prepare/co-ordinate all HSE-related audits and reports and ensure compliance with statutory regulations as periodically as may be required.
· Continuous development, maintenance and review of the organization’s health and safety program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
· Put all safety measures in place for all STS operations.
Key Performance Indicators/Performance Goals:
· Minimal incidents/accidents.
· High compliance rate for all HSE-related audits.
· Accurate and up to date incident reports.
· Complete documentation of all administered HSE practices and periodic training.
· Existence and application of documented incident management procedures.
· Complete and accurate compliance records and reports as required by management.
· Properly trained and equipped operational staff at all company locations.
· Zero penalties/costs as a result of HSE issues.
|Education Qualification:||· University Degree or Higher Diploma in Health & Safety, Sciences, Engineering or Technical discipline|
|Professional Qualification:||· Membership of the Institute of Safety Professionals
· Other reputable local and international Safety Certification and Association Memberships
· First Aid and Fire Training/Certifications
(Dimension & No of years)
|· 8 years post qualification
· Experience in implementing HSE programs and safety training
· Sound knowledge and experience in STS Operations.
|Functional/ Technical:||· Effective training and communication skills
· Excellent reporting and administrative skills
· Good understanding of legal and safety guidelines.
· Good Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
|Managerial:||· Leadership and supervisory skills
· Decision-making skills
· Strategic Mindset and problem-solving skills
|Behavioural:||· Highly organized and proactive
· Good interpersonal skills
· Close attention to details
· Excellent motivational skills
|WORK CYCLE (HOURS/ DAYS):|
|Monday – Friday (8.00 am – 5.00 pm)|
Please note that the specifics provided in the job description above are in no way intended to limit the scope of the role, but are simply to provide an overview of the same. You may be required to perform functions not specified herein.