This 5-day Auditor / Lead Auditor course has been developed to progress the delegate through a series of modules, each containing a day's activities of presentation and participation; after which each successful delegate will have earned his/her training qualification for certification as an IRCA EMS Lead Auditor.
The objective of this Course is to equip students with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001 and statutory requirements and regulations using the principles of ISO 19011.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to gain;
• Purpose of an environmental management system.
• Principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of environmental aspects and impacts.
• Purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 14001, the ISO 14000 series guidance standards and the legislative framework relevant to an EMS.
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and through analysis of ISO 14001.
• Undertake role of Auditor to Plan, perform, conduct and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and through analysis of ISO 14001
• Environmental Issues
• Environmental Management Overview
• Scope and Purpose of Audits
• Skills of an Auditor
• What to look for in Policy and Planning
• Audit Techniques
• What to look for in Implementation, Operation, Checking and Corrective Action
• Reporting your Audit Findings
• Practical Exercises and Feedback
• Personnel who audit within their organization and those of their suppliers,
• Management consultants who need to know more about ISO 14001, and
• Environmental Advisors
• Quality or H&S Advisors
• Systems Auditors