Lean thinking is a widely adopted customer-facing improvement approach that can greatly simplify processes and improve performance in both the public and private sector. Effectively applying Lean principles and tools can significantly improve value-added productivity and reduce waste and associated costs. At the same time, these tools drive an improvement in customer service and satisfaction levels. The one-day program gives participants a practical, hands-on, learning-by-doing experience.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Lean principles.
- Clearly define waste in an organization and identify opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Identify a value stream and define improvements.
- Develop basic skills in continuous improvement and related tools.
- Implement mistake-proofing.
- Understand Kaizen events.
- Gain a personal toolkit to implement Lean in an organization.