What is Workplace Safety and Why Do You Need It?
Workplace safety training is a process that aims to provide the workforce with knowledge and skills to perform their work in a way that is safe for them and their co-workers. In addition, you will learn how to develop an effective workplace safety plan which includes instructions and guidelines to identify hazards, report them, and deal with incidents.
You need to encourage a great incident reporting culture so that you can effortlessly create a safer workplace and can identify how your company can continually improve the workplace environment. When a new incident happens, you have to have a quick method to relay the message to all your employees to avoid the incident from happening a second time. Employees need to be able to easily access old hazard reports so they can learn on-the-job.
- You should be able to warn and alert your employees to a hazard BEFORE it happens.
- When one happens, you need to be able to handle the situation DURING the incident.
- And then AFTER the incident, you have to be able to easily let the rest of the team know, like about the wet floor so slipping can be avoided.
There is a lot that goes into protecting your employees so you must have a stable process in place.
As an employer, it is your legal (and moral) responsibility to instruct your workers on how to perform in a safe and healthy manner before they even start to work. Safety training is an integral part of the employee onboarding process but it also requires regular “refresher” courses for compliance (and effectiveness). Not only because employee alertness goes down over time, but also because safety protocols change to keep up with changes in equipment, materials, and roles within the business.
Why You Need Workplace Safety Training in Your Business
Beyond the obvious reasons – regulation and moral responsibility – there are plenty of advantages to investing more time and thought in a well-planned workplace safety training program. Here are a few:
- Lower insurance premiums
- Less productivity loss due to illness or injury
- Higher employee satisfaction
- Reduced worker compensation for medical leave due to work-related injuries and illnesses
- Protection from liability lawsuits
- Future incident prevention etc
DATE: August 4th, 2021
COURSE COST: FREE
CERTIFICATES & COURSE MATERIALS: N3,000 (Optional)
Send an email tov firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Olugbenga on 09091020048 09091020049 for more inquiries.
VENUE: Online Via Zoom