Occupational safety and health (OSH) is a cross-disciplinary area concerned with protecting the safety, health and welfare of people engaged in work or employment. It usually involves interactions among many subject areas.
Training is an integral part of HSE. To ensure the success of any HSE programme at the workplace or on project sites, adequate and effective training must be implemented for all those responsible for work and supervision. Training enables managers, supervisors and workers to understand the underlying principles of maintaining a safe workplace. It equips the workforce to develop and maintain a safety management system; it also gives them adequate knowledge of existing regulations (local and international) that apply to their area of work.
Why training in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) The need for Occupational safety and health initiatives in the workplace has in recent times become more evident to governments and organisations.
In Nigeria for instance, as it is with many other countries, the recent establishment of the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health (NCOSH) is bringing about the need for comprehensive Health and Safety programs and implementation in both the public and private sector of the economy.
Every organization (public and private sector) in Nigeria need to employ competent persons as safety representatives or members of their safety committee. They will also need to conduct safety audits and carry out regular safety and health training amongst other things. The National Council for Occupational Safety and Health (NCOSH) also need a huge number of consultants and inspectors to help regulate and enforce compliance.
As a result of this demand, there will be new opportunities for adequately trained, certified or experienced people in the economy as Safety Representatives, Safety Committee members, Safety Inspectors, Consultants, Trainers, Lawyers, Safety Engineers, etc. This is an opportunity to make a career change, gain new skills that will be very useful to your organisation, launch a consulting career or create an avenue to earn income as a trainer, inspector or consultant.
The International Association of Safety Professionals (NASP/IASP) is a non-profit organization founded in the U.S.A. to provide third-party certifications that validate knowledge, skills and abilities in the area of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE). The NASP is currently working in more than 42 countries to improve workplace safety.
It has approval by the United Nations as an NGO in Roster Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council and is working to improve HSE worldwide.
Our IASP course offers you a COMPREHENSIVE, AFFORDABLE and INTERNATIONAL certificate in OSH based on the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). This OSHA based course is the most effective way to jump-start your career in Health, Safety and Environment – HSE while going through a curriculum that compares with other recognized certifications around the world.
An IASP certificate is awarded after successful completion of the course.
Areas that will be covered
- Chemical Safety – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Personal Protective Equipment – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Lockout Tagout – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Machine Guarding – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Fall Protection – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Fire/Egress – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Confined Space Entry – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Electrical Safety – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Ergonomics – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Hazardous Materials – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Adult training Skills – OSHA Regulations and Principles of Control
- Course Assessment
Who to Attend
- This course is for people that are interested in supervising a workplace safety or worksites
- People that are interested in improving their knowledge of OSH
- Fresh Graduates
- Civil Servants
- Everyone engaged in the workplace
Start TimeJanuary 26, 2021 - 9:00am
End TimeJanuary 30, 2021 - 4:00pm
OrganizerOak Interlink Company Limited
LocationNo 70B Olorunlogbon Street, Idi-Iroko, Anthony Village