Falls can be from height or from the same level. While falls from heights are considered primarily as falls, those from the same level are called trips and slips. These 3 categories are discussed in this course with an emphasis on how to prevent and control falls. This course discusses the regulations for fall protection as well as equipment for fall protection and control. These include fall arrester, guard rails, nets, etc.
This essential safety course is very useful for persons that manage safety and that work as safety officers in the construction, oil and gas, and allied industries. Participants to this course will gain insight into how to adequately manage scenarios that pose the risk of falling from height for workers.
What Will You Learn?
- Rules and Regulations applicable to working at heights
- Systems and procedures for working at heights
- Risk analysis and hindering conditions
- Potential risks inherent in working at height and measures for prevention and control
- Personal protective equipment for working at heights: Selection, Inspection, Maintenance and Usage limitation
- Typical accidents in working at heights and how to prevent them
Introduction to Fall Protection
Module 1 – Introduction to Fall Protection10:31
Module 1 Quiz Intro to FP
Module 2 – Fall Protection08:23
Module 2 Quiz FP
Fall Protection Systems
Module 3A – Fall Protection System12:05
Module 3A Quiz Fall Protection System
Module 3B – Personal Fall Arrest System15:00
Module 3B Quiz Personal Fall Arrest System
Fall Protection Overview
FP Video Overview11:42
Fall Protection, Stairways, and Ladders – Extended Reading
Fall Protection Course Assignment – Working with Ladders