Introduction to Ergonomics
Ergonomics deals with the arrangement of the workplace to fit the worker. This course looks at common work-related musculoskeletal disorders WMSDs and considers how to identify the risk factors, assess the workforce and the work team members are involved with and then how to control the hazards. This course will help participants to increase awareness of the need for and role of ergonomics in occupational health, to obtain basic knowledge in the application of ergonomic principles to design of industrial workplaces and the prevention of occupational injuries and to understand the breadth and scope of occupational ergonomics.
What Will I Learn?
- The Definition of Ergonomics
- Benefits of Ergonomics
- Physical Stressors That Cause Ergonomic Disorders
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs)
- Types of CTDs
- Preventing CTDs
- Workstation Design
- Injuries from Work Process
- Employee Involvement in Ergonomics
- Some Suggestions for Avoiding Ergonomic Disorders