This comprehensive training course is designed to enhance delegates ability to negotiate effectively – a critical competency in both work and life situations. It will equip them with a range of communication, interpersonal skills, and appreciation of the elements of planning and objective setting in negotiations. There will be an opportunity for delegates to carry out a self-assessment of their skills in key areas of negotiation including team negotiations.
This training course covers the key stages of negotiation, considers how disputes arise, and provides delegates with the skills to follow a structured process. The delegates will be introduced to different negotiation styles, tactics and at the same time learn how to recognise and counter them.
- The key stages in the negotiation process
- The terms associated with the strategy for negotiation
- Tactics and ploys which may be used against you in negotiation
- The importance of team dynamics when negotiating
- Effective negotiation strategies during practical exercises
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the significance of planning and objective setting
- Describe how to achieve ‘win-win’ outcomes within the bargaining process
- Identify the causes of disagreements & disputes
- Understand the impact dispute may have on relationships over the long term
- Describe the use of strategies to resolve the causes of disputes
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Personnel from a wide range of business disciplines
- Departmental heads with the responsibility to drive change through collaboration
- Those who have a current or planned negotiation with internal as well as external “suppliers or customers”
- Delegates with experience of negotiating but want to improve their knowledge and skills
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This includes highly interactive tutor-led group discussions, syndicated exercises. A formal framework is built around the delegates’ current knowledge and they are encouraged to re-discover and share their knowledge and experiences. Delegates will be encouraged to develop both their negotiation and communication skills to increase the value for money provided to their employer.