ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
IT Service Management (ITSM) derives enormous benefits from a best practice approach. Because ITSM is driven both by technology and the huge range of organisational environments in which it operates, it is in a state of constant evolution. Best practice, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users is both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the most widely adopted best practice framework for IT management. Achieving the Foundation Certification represents clear demonstration that you can contribute to improving the maturity of an IT organization. In this course, you take an ITIL Foundation Certification Mock Exam on the final day of class. The unique structure and format of this course follows the guidelines of the testing body and provides comprehensive coverage of the ITIL Foundation Certification Exam topics.
Participants Will Learn How To
• Prepare for and take the ITIL Foundation Certification Exam
• Identify opportunities to develop IT processes using ITIL
• Interact with IT teams using ITIL terminology and concepts
• Explore the components of service management processes
• Recognize the importance of IT and business integration
• Explain the benefits of continual service improvement to the organization
• Achieving the correct alignment of the ITIL processes to the lifecycle stages• Recognizing the importance of service level management and its dependency on other processes
• Defining key concepts within the service transition processes
• Interpreting service design reports in the context of the service operation processes
• Daily exam practice and review sessions
• Taking the ITIL Foundation Certification exam
NB: Other levels of ITIL Certification training are also available on request.